Saturday, August 2, 2008

Teacher Inservices

Well I have officially been here about a week and a half. So far it is all I expected and then some. This past week we had teacher inservices. We had meetings in the mornings and had time to work in our classrooms in the afternoons. We start classes with the children on Monday. Our classes will last until right before Thanksgiving. We will have about a 6 week break for Christmas.
Last night all the single teachers went to the city to eat dinner. The restaurant of choice: Chili's. The food was good and tasted just like in the states. It was like a little piece of home. Here in the city they have alot of the same restaurants that we have in the states.
Please pray for me this week as I get adjusted to teaching 2 grades at the same time. Also I will have 4 boys in my class. I am looking forward to the year to come. Thank you for your continued support.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRAYING for this week!
loveeee you!

Anonymous said...

I KNOW you are excited for tomorrow. I am praying for you, love. I am SUPER ready to hear what happens. Can't wait to find out if you have another student that can put his pen under his lip.. haha, I highly doubt it.

: )

love you so much, Kelly!

Jessica Williamson said...

thinking of you and praying for you, sweet friend! i hope today was fabulous! i love you!

Anonymous said...

need an update, sister!
: )

Anonymous said...

Wow Kelly! Last night I was thinking about you and wishing I could know all that was going on - then out of the blue I remembered you have this website. I was so excited that I found it and could read all about your days in Honduras!

I was thinking that the years of putting up with the Griffith boys would be great preparation for the a classroom of 4 boys! You are going to do an amazing job and will make such a difference in the lives of these precious children.

I hope you are having a great first week of teaching! I know you are making wonderful new friends - but I bet you haven't found any other regulars? You know we regulars are a VERY RARE BREED!

We love you girl more than you can imagine. We are holding you up in prayer every day and are so proud of the work you are doing. Bro. Gary even mentioned you by name in the church history book last night.

WOW! Now you are really famous!

love always,
mrs. fran