It is hard to believe that I have already completed two weeks of school! The second week was even better than the first. I feel like I am getting adjusted to teaching 2 grades and 4 boys. I am starting to figure out their personalities and what they really like and what they really don't like. Every week in our Bible class I have a verse for them to learn by the end of the week. Well one of my boys learned it the first day and said it everyday the rest of the week. He asked me if he could say it anywhere or just at school. I told him the more places he said the better it would be. So he replied with, "So I can even say it on the soccer field?" Of course I said yes so he was happy. Well Saturday I was walking close to his house and he ran out shouting Miss Kelly I still remember the verse. He was so proud of himself so I let him say it again to me and off he went.
Saturday the other half of the duplex I live in was completed, so the other girls moved in. Now all 6 single female teachers are living in one house. Everyone was really excited. I also decided to rearrange my room and put things on the walls. It is starting to feel more like my home now because I put pictures all over the walls. Sunday we went to church and ate at the mall. We did some grocery shopping then headed back to the ranch to get ready for school on Monday.
Things are going really well here for me. I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that this is right where I need to be this year. Please continue to pray for school and my boys. Thanks for your prayers so far. I was telling a friend the other day that there are hundreds of butterflies everywhere here and how much I loved them. She told me that they were all the prayers that were being sent my way. That was the most comforting thought and everytime I see them it reminds me of how many people are praying for me. Thanks again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
wow...i am so excited just getting to read these little glipses into your life! I love the saying about the butterflies! That's so neat...mariposa prayers!!! love ya and sending more prayers/butterflies, ~ERIN
i think it is so great that you are able to teach the kiddos scripture that will be hidden in their hearts forever, the Lord will honor that! the boys sound so precious, i wish i could meet them! especially the little one that asked you if he could say the verse on the soccer field :) hehe! oraciones mariposas :) I LOVE IT!!! take some pictures of those beautiful butterflies for us! praying for YOU sweet friend and trusting that everyday you will feel the nearness of God closer than the day before.... love you!
Oh gosh, the butterflies, you had me tearing up there for a minute. That was beautiful. I feel the same way, there's just something so comforting about watching a butterfly. I can only imagine hundreds of them. I hope your third week is just as wonderful, if not more. Love and Prayers!
So proud of you Kelly! Katie said to say Hi! Keep blogging! We love to hear about your adventures!
Just wanted you to know that BG and I love you and are praying for you! We are so glad you are having such a great time, making more friends and making an eternal difference in the lives of these precious boys!!!
mrs.fran & bro. gary
I love this blog. Sorry it took me a while to comment, but keep them coming, girl! I love hearing about your awesome times!
What a precious little boy!!!! Kel, you are way too awesome!
I love you, and I am also praying, so let me know when you see more butterflies! : )
Post a Comment